Monday, December 17, 2012

Rain drops & Red lips

 I was once told by my boss to wear comfortable clothes and tennis shoes to the office, as we were going to go through the warehouse that day. I had never been so stressed about what to wear in my life. I just couldn’t grasp the concept of wearing tennis shoes for reasons other than running. Clearly dressing down is not my forte.

I only bring this up because his weekend my family and I participated in a long lived tradition of decorating cookies and this is what I wore.

I know that baking isn’t usually the right environment for leather and dresses, but to me this is casual. I mean take away the red lips and it’s just an all black look.  In fact, take away the belt and beanie and it’s a bad hair day and a moomoo.

If you’re wondering where I’m getting at, so am I.

So I guess I’ll just leave you with this; red lips and few accessories is never a bad idea.

Xo…
Kellen

20 comments:

  1. haha, this just made me LOL. at my desk.
    and everyone looked at me.

    love the pops of red, HOT casual.

    xo - heather
    www.ThisLifeIsYours.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! i love your thinking! I can never dress down either. I think it makes me more stressed out than dressing up. I only own one pair of tennis shoes and they are for the gym! LOL. I love the red lips and that dress makes you look so statuesque! Yes, go get those heels at Target! I may need to get the pink pair... :)

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look gorgeous in this outfit. Love the hat and red lips

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, you are too cute! love the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look stunning in the first picture. cute hat :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing photos!!!! Love the red lippy :-)

    Let's follow each other?

    http://dress-for-the-image.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dressing down is hard! I agree! I love your dress, girl!

    www.beautyandbows.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so gorgeous! I love that black dress! Such a cute umbrella. Following you now!

    XOXO

    EK

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how cute you are!!! :) Love your style!

    Just found you on Lookbook! No doubt following you since now!
    Would be glad to see you also in my blog one day!

    Una chica fashiontastica

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look lovely, black maxi dress totally = comfy casual! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute look! Love how you added the touches of red! Adorbs!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.HeyLoveBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look adorable I love this outfit and the pop of red.
    xo
    Rachelle
    http://pinksole.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely!! ;***
    new post

    WWW.LIVE-STYLE20.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely love this outfit! Like that you've included a pop of red with the belt to complement the red lips :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. totally agree! I am not one to wear sneakers ...ever!

    great outfit

    xx
    Staci
    http://www.leatherandleops.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. you look great in red lips! I like that grey hat too. They go really well with each other!

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete
  17. cool style !
    http://lovelydarkness.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow this is such a beautiful outfit.. love it x

    http://www.lucia-lolita.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. This look is a perfect combination of casual and chic...and you're right to pair it with that red color...gives it a little extra touch of fabulousness ;)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...